Triple Shooting In Boston takes the Life of One Women and Wounds Two Men

Multiple Boston Shootings Just in the Past Month, Sending Victims to the Hospital

Becky Gao, Writer

In Dorchester, Sunday night, October 16, 2022, two men were wounded and one woman died in a triple shooting. The police have just identified the woman as 24-year-old Quaaneiruh Goodwyn. At about 8:51 at night, she and two other men, who are in their mid 20s, were shot at the intersection of Geneva Avenue and Bowdoin Street. Both police and an ambulance instantly responded to the accident before 9:00 PM, and both men, one in critical condition and one in stable condition, were rushed to the nearby hospital. Police stated that one man had serious, life-threatening injuries.

The police have said that they are still investigating the shooting and have yet to make an arrest on the person or persons responsible for the triple shooting. A friend of the women killed said that Goodwyn was a 5-month-old boy’s mother, a rapper, and the owner of a clothing line. They are now mourning the loss of a good, talented, and beautiful friend. Goodwyn’s friend, Keem LeAmour, told the station at “Boston.com,” “She was just fun. She enjoyed herself, and kept the people she loved closest to her. “

This is not the first shooting incident that has occurred in Boston this past month. A couple weeks ago, on October 10, two juveniles were shot. There was a double shooting near Boston’s Roxbury neighborhood, ending the life of a student. Police in Boston have identified the teen who was shot and killed as 14-year-old Rasante Osorio of Dorchester. There are still no reports on arrests made in connection with the case. Both teenage boys were found with serious gunshot wounds. Osorio and the second teenage boy were rushed to the hospital. Hours later, the local hospital declared Osorio dead. 

Just before that on October 4th, a 17-year-old student at the school was arrested shortly after the shooting of one of his classmates. The shot male student was taken to a nearby hospital and is said to have suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Boston Police Department homicide detectives at 617-343-4470. Those who want to remain anonymous can call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line at 1-800-494-TIPS or text the word “TIP” to 27463, which is the short code for Crime Stoppers.