Winthrop High School's Premier News Site Since 2019

The Viking Times

• December 22Shannon's Jets ornament is STILL at the back of her Christmas tree...
  • December 8Follow us on Instagram! @whsvikingtimes
  • December 5Interested in joining the Newspaper Club? See Ms. Irvine or Mr. Donnelly for more information!

The Viking Times

The Viking Times

Polls

Are you taking any AP Exams?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How to make the day more fun and energetic

I know the concept of “fun” seems simple. It’s just enjoying what you are doing. However I disagree; I don’t think it’s as simple as that.

A lot of people feel like life was more fun when they were a kid. Life was a lot easier, less sports, less school work, and less responsibilities. People often in Highschool feel stressed and overwhelmed. Although High School can be tough, I think that if people utilize their time correctly it can be a very fun experience.

A good way to have more fun is too do different things. People often end up keeping themselves to an incredibly boring and straightforward schedule, doing the same things everyday. Although it might seem appealing doing this because it keeps every day consistent, it also can lead to people feeling like every day feels the same. I personally know exactly how that feels, especially with people who do extracurriculars. One of my favorite ways I find to counter this feeling is to go on a walk. I find that a walk (especially in the cold) can be a really nice feeling and it allows your mind to think freely without being too stressed. Another smart idea is too hangout with friends and different people. Having new people around you too do things with allows your mind to have different experiences. I personally find it really fun and strategic to do school work with friends (even if I get distracted very easily).

It’s also very easy to forget to sleep or consume the right things. The things you consume directly link to the well being of yourself. Although it’s tasty to have sugary foods, in the long run you will feel worse from them. They aren’t always the best tasting but vegetables, fruits, and red meats will make you feel the best in the long run. Sleep is just as important. While sleeping the mind repairs itself. It’s important to sleep at least 8 hours to maximise energy for the day. Sleeping also repairs the body for people who do extracurriculars. Sleeping is a great way to build muscle!

Managing school life and outside life can be hard but I think it is possible for everyone. Good luck to everyone as they go into midterms!