Winthrop High School's Premier News Site Since 2019

The Viking Times

• December 22Shannon's Jets ornament is STILL at the back of her Christmas tree...
  • December 8Follow us on Instagram! @whsvikingtimes
  • December 5Interested in joining the Newspaper Club? See Ms. Irvine or Mr. Donnelly for more information!

The Viking Times

The Viking Times

Polls

Are you taking any AP Exams?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Look At Yearbook Club

Photo Courtesy of School Annual

Welcome back Winthrop High School (and Winthrop!), to a new school year! As we know, with the new year there are new opportunities to make a place at this school and perhaps get to know more about what it has to offer and maybe even know a bit more about yourself! In regards to what things you like or maybe activities that you find cool. 

This week, I am highlighting Winthrop’s Yearbook Club. Yearbook Club is a student run group that designs pages for our yearbook. It is run by Senior Executive Editors Emily Barrera and myself, and Daniela Gomez as the Business Manager. We meet every Tuesday right afterschool in Mr. Donnelly’s room at 313. 

You might be asking, who should join this club? Everyone and anyone! 

Regardless of what you want to do, Yearbook Club is a great opportunity to expand your interests and meet new people. You learn useful skills like time management, organization, and communication just by contributing to pages. 

Maybe you are a creative person and this club looks cool–this club is all about creativity! Designing pages requires imagination, putting ideas out there and always testing our new ideas as well. You need to be able to use the colors and fonts given to you but still be able to think outside the box. It seems intimidating to start from nothing–I know–but I believe sometimes the best ideas are the ones that pop randomly into your mind that you recreate and spend effort on. 

Typically, students are assigned a certain amount of pages that are set to be done by a certain deadline. They are expected to take photos and design the pages as well. But that’s just the basics of it–this year, the yearbook might just be back and better than ever…

Want to learn more about this club? Reach out to any of the acting editors, managers, Mr. Donnelly or Ms. I for questions!