Winthrop High School's Premier News Site Since 2019

The Viking Times

• December 22Shannon's Jets ornament is STILL at the back of her Christmas tree...
  • December 8Follow us on Instagram! @whsvikingtimes
  • December 5Interested in joining the Newspaper Club? See Ms. Irvine or Mr. Donnelly for more information!

The Viking Times

The Viking Times

Polls

Are you taking any AP Exams?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Krispy Kreme Raiders

Has your pantry ever been raided of all its goods? I’m sure this particular encounter comes in at number one. Though these culprits were not your typical snack raiders. These ones had their paws full. 

A Krispy Kreme van on an Alaskan Military base was raided earlier this month by none other than a mama bear and her cub. The van had been parked outside a convenience store when unbeknownst to the driver, the bears decided to hop in and take a look around. He was in for quite the surprise when he came back out to find two bears helping themselves to donuts in the back of the van. 

The driver had been in the midst of his delivery route along the military base before he was interrupted by the bears. He spent a good deal of time attempting to lead them out of the delivery van. Though, it didn’t matter much as the bears were otherwise preoccupied.  

The bears remained inside the truck for nearly twenty minutes, oblivious to the efforts of others to coax them out. They broke open and munched on twenty packages of donut holes from the back of the van. They paid no attention to the frantic banging on the doors of the van. 

The convenience store owner eventually called base security in order to scare away the bears. Sirens were sounded to lure them out of the van. Some time later the bears eventually meandered out of the van and headed back into the woods.  

Following this encounter with the bears people have been warned to beware of the wildlife potentially roaming around the streets. The van driver now closes the door when making any stops along his route.

The mama bear and her cubs certainly enjoyed their escapade involving a certain Krispy Kreme delivery truck. Though, I’m sure the delivery driver could have gone without a bunch of bears raiding his delivery truck.